Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day 3

So last night was brutal. I know that I had said that I felt pretty good but shew I was so friggin hungry last night. I didn't want to eat anything else because it was getting pretty late. It was so hot in my room. Made it quite difficult to sleep well. Shew and drinking all that water made me get up three times throughout the night to pee. As long as it works I suppose I will have to make due lol. I had a wicked headache last night from not drinking any caffeine. Kesh gave me a SIP and I really mean a sip of Dr. Pepper. It tasted horrible, but my headache disappeared. Today has been rather decent. I DID over do it a bit calorie wise but from what I was eating to what I did eat today, it's a welcome change. I went to a website for female bodybuilding the other day and it gave a spot to see how many calories I ingested each day. It was like 4600 calories a day to continue to maintain my body weight. *insert dropped jaw here* Yeah I was shocked too when I read it. So now I'm trying to stay under 2000 at the max. I really don't want to go over 1700...but it is day 3 so there is a learning curve to everything. Note to all I DID NOT exercise today. I know bad bad bad.

April 6, 2010

Breakfast
Swedish meatballs (Lean Cuisine)-330 cal
2 toast-180 cal
1 alli & 1 multivitamin
.5 l water

Lunch
Lemon pepper fish (Lean Cuisine)-340 cal
Applesauce-90 cal
1 alli & 1 multivitamin
.5 l water

Dinner
Foot long sub-700 cal
let, tom, banana pep, onion, light chz, and roasted chicken on wheat
.5 l water
.5 l water

TOTAL-1640 cal

I wouldn't say that this was a bad day or that I fell off the wagon. I will say that I should've done more and to think out things a little better. But all in all not too shabby for just the third day. I hope everyone has a good night and I will be talking with you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Emily B. said...

Thanks for the info in relation to the last post!
As for yesterday, I think your calories are low, you can not just jump straight into a new regement (this is my opinion!). I have a medical condtion thats set in the bowels, and when I completely change my eating habits I CAN TELL A DIFFERENCE! The insides just rumble around.
I also exercise every other day. So the muscles have a day to rest. I "try" to rotate between weights and cardio through out the week. But whatever I do I just take it as that. I do drink just water, but the soda was giving me the feeling of acid reflux so that was easy to get rid of. Just have 6oz of a drink. Its ok to have alittle until your adjusted. I think you are truly heading in the right direction and you will see some great results by the end of the month!!

Keep going, you have a great life ahead of you!

Jaime said...

Hey Mateesa! Do not get discouraged! :) I know you said you found a bodybuilding website that you are using, and you may like it very much. The site that i use is www.fatsecret.com It enables you to build your complete profile based on your lifestyle and daily you can insert everything you eat (it has restuarants menu's) with calories for each. You are also able to insert all the activity you do throughout the day from sleeping and resting to walking the dog and running. It then calculates your caloric intake as well as exertion and keeps track of your progress and weigh ins. You can actually use the journal on there as well as have followers and buddies with similar goals and advice. It's just a thought for you to look into it, but do not feel obligated by any means. I really like it and just wanted to share that with you.

Also, since you are just beginning this lifestyle change and exercise regime, it is very important to take it slow in the beginning. Your body has to adapt and catch up. If you over exert yourself early on, it may only hinder you down the road. Results take time. I know you are very aware of that, but it is true. If you think about it, you didn't get where you are over night- it took time- years. So getting to where you want to be will take time as well. But if you truly have your mind set to it, and you seem to, as well as an amazing support group, anything is possible. I know you can do this Matessa!

My little sister, Kayla, had gained upwards of 250-275 when she was having some marital issues in Japan. In November of 2008, she decided enough was enough! She began going to the Y daily, watching what she ate and focusing on her end goals. By May of 2009 by the time her husband returned from Afghanistan, she had lost 60 lbs. That's 10 lbs a month, so it's very achievable. She is still working very diligently to lose weight and stay healthy. She now has so much more energy and a completely different perspective on life. So please DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED!!! YOU GOT THIS!!

Good luck today and i look forward to seeing how the days are coming along and the lbs are coming off!

Thanks for listening to my story!
Jaime

Unknown said...

you're doing great! i'm so proud of you! it's hard to get use to the new life changes but stick with it. i think it takes something like 21 days for it to become habit. the headaches will go away. i do remember that was really hard but once i got use to going without the headaches went away. peeing more often isn't bad either because you keep waking up every so often instead of reaching that final stage of REM for too long. you're doing great! i'm so proud of you sweetie!